Good Lord, is it back???

It is currently 10:35PM, and outside my bedroom window, somewhere in the woods, is the creature.

I'm not sure what it is, but it makes a horrible sound late at night when these kinds of sounds wake you up from a dead sleep and make you grab the flashlight and shake your husband. It's a screaming/barking/yelping/crying sort of cry that makes your heart beat in your throat just thiking about it.

A few weeks ago, on a night with perfect sleeping weather, everyone on the street heard it. At 3:00AM. And my neighbor, whose nerdiness is only matched by mine, also took the time to look it up online. We concluded that it must be a fox, although the jury is still out.

My husband isn't due home until midnight, so I'm hoping that the creature is quiet until then. I need someone to wake up if I hear it screaming.

Comments

...... Bobbi said…
We have coyatos in our part of Kentucky - they sometimes sound like someone screaming.

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks