FUN WITH FIRE!!!!

OK, I know one day very soon I'll break down and try this myself because I just can't stand not having this totally awesome trick under my belt. (Let's face it, my exploding coffee creamer only gets me so far...)
I saw this on Food Detectives (Food network) and looked around online to prove it. And it's true.
Grapes, when cut a certain way, will explode into flames when put in the microwave. Apparently the electolytes in the little fruit arc between the halves (you have to cut the grapes a certain way) and the thing shoots up in flames.

Science is so cool.

Anybody ever try this?
Anybody want to bet how long it takes me before I set my house on fire?

(FYI: I found a video of it here: http://vimeo.com/1761680?pg=embed&sec=1761680)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks