Steak and Beans worth their weight in gas

There's a very good chance I'll regret eating as much as I did tonight, but the recipe is just so good and perfect for a warm evening. I just had to share.
This recipe comes from, I think, a Buehler's food demonstration. It's one of my favorites, and luckily enough, my kids don't love it so there's more for me!

Flat iron steak over warm bean salad

Steak:
1 1/4 pounds or so of flat iron steak (if you've never had flat iron, give them a shot. Cheap and good)
2 cloves garlic, minced
~2-3 Tbl balsamic vinegar
Marinate steak in garlic and vinegar for at least an hour. Discard marinade, salt and pepper to taste and grill to preference, but please no more than medium. Let rest for 5-10 minutes and slice thinly on the diagonal. Serve over bean salad.

Warm Bean Salad:
19 oz can cannelloni beans (I like Cento, mostly so I can sound Italian when I say the name)
1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 Tbl olive oil
1 Tbl balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
Lettuce or spinach
Rinse and drain beans. Heat in a saucepan and when warm, add tomatoes, onion, oil, vinegar, and S&P. Cover and turn off heat. Let sit for a few minutes.

To serve:
Top a bed of spinach with the beans, then lay a few slices of steak on top.
Or, if you eat like my family, serve a salad, a side of beans, and some steak.

This is great because you can serve it at room temperature, in fact, it's even better when it is at room temp. Just make sure that everyone eats the same amount of beans....for obvious reasons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks