Try this at home, if you're in good with the cops

Flipping through the latest issue of Family Fun Magazine, I spotted a nifty little article teaching how to do rather clever Christmas decorations. And since we were last on the block to get ours up, I figured I needed to do something a little extra. A little special. A little morbid.

And so, sans hubby's help, I concocted this:

(A lousy photo, but you get the drift. Legs sticking out of the bushes, lights hanging down from the roof, a mysteriously placed ladder. HILARIOUS.)

So very proud of my outdoor artwork, and running late to get the kids from school, I set our house alarm and ran out the door. But, whoopsie, I didn't shut the door all the way, which means as I was driving down the road and chatting with my friend on the phone, and while I was waiting for eons in the pick up line at school, the sirens at my house were blaring and the police men were on their way.

My husband calls me and tells me to hurry home because the alarm had gone off and I needed to check things out. And although we literally live minutes from the school, I was stuck behind every large moving vehicle known to man, including old people, semi's driving through town, and a giant piece of farm equipment that takes up 3/4 of the road.

By the time I arrived home, there were two police cars pulled wildly in my driveway, as if they had screeched in instead of leisurely answering an alarm call. I had to park in the street, and once I was there, I ran out apologizing that I must have left the door ajar and I'm so sorry they came out there and in a frantic frenzy I just kept babbling.

And then I realized, they were standing right next to my front door. And right next to the legs hanging out of the bush.

*blush*

"Do you like my crazy Christmas decorations?"

And they chuckled.

We've got an awesome police department around here, and if I was a betting woman I'd put $10 down on them pulling wildly into the driveway after a quick glimpse of my top-notch holiday decor.

I'm just glad they didn't call the squad. How embarrassing would that be?

Comments

Loren said…
Hi Karrie, This one is very good! During Halloween I saw fake legs hanging out of people's trunks.
Love this!! Hilarious.....

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks