Out of necessity

Some of the best done jobs come out of necessity. From great need, came great triumph all through history. Centuries of people have overcome and succeeded all because they were forced to do so.
And that's exactly what happen with dinner on Saturday.

Somebody (and I won't mention who) accidentally purchased an extraordinary amount of chicken and somebody else (again, not naming names) wasn't happy with the clogging of the freezer. And so, chicken for dinner.

It just so happened that the big bag of chicken was purchased at a mega mega mart, and along side the flock in my cart I had also purchased a ginormous bottle of honey. Why? Because I had a fleeting wish of healthily feeding my family this natural and delicious sweetener instead of sugar and in true American form, bigger is better. Especially at a discounted rate.

So there I was, swarming with chicken and honey. I opened the pantry to a waft of of last year's garlic hitting me like a pound of kielbasa, and like I said, out of necessity comes... pretty good grilled chicken.

Grilled Honey Chicken
(or: Fattie fattie 2 x 4, don't buy chicken anymore)

In a large plastic bag combine:
2 Tbl olive oil
2 Tbl lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 Tbl honey
a little salt and pepper
4 chicken breasts

Marinate for about an hour, then slap them on the grill. Baste one time with remaining marinade when you put the chicken on, and discard the rest.

I served this with Disappearing Zucchini Orzo from Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, and the family ate well, not out of necessity, but out of delight.

Now if only that whole "necessity" thing worked with putting away laundry...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks