Pigeon Poo. Snack time just got a little better.

Oh, the pigeon. Dirty bird that it is, is most commonly found around cities and farmyards, scratching for seeds and flocking around old ladies who carry paper bags full of stale bread.
And what goes in must come out, right?
While looking for a "nature themed snack" I came across this recipe where it delighted the folks at the 30th Annual Project WILD training with the Ohio Division of Wildlife. And if a container of poo can do that, it's a recipe worth sharing.
I admit to not knowing much about the biology of pigeon poop, although I did read in one of my favorite books, "The Truth About Poop" by Susan E. Goodman that Ancient Romans used pigeon poop to bleach their hair.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I also know that bird poop is not really poop, it's actually pee.

And thus ends your lesson for the day. Can't say you "wasted" any time reading this-- chances are you learned something.

Don't put this pigeon poo in your hair. It's much better in your mouth...

Pigeon Poo

4 cups peanut butter cereal (like Cap'n Crunch)
3 cups rice krispies
2 cups pretzels sticks, broken up a bit
2 cups mini marshmallows
2 bags white chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Melt white chocolate chips and pour over dry ingredients, mix well. Pour onto cookie sheets lined in wax paper. Let cool, then break into pieces.

(The photo leaves a little to be desired, I know. But posting it in full color made it look more like pigeon vomit than poo, which is probably a recipe I wouldn't want to try!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this stuff! I can honestly say I tried Karrie's recipe at a workshop and I want more! Yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks