Worth the weight snack mix

It's hard being an anti-chocolate person. Even harder as a woman. But when I came across this snack mix (or something similar), my inadequate feelings flew out the window.
This is like Rice Krispie treats on steroids.
I admit that I often post recipes on this blog so that I have a place to keep them safe from certain irresponsible members of my family who continue to lose things.  It's me, by the way.
So after perfecting this recipe this morning, i thought it wise to quickly taupe it here for safe keeping. And sharing, of course.


This doesn't have a good name.  Suggestions accepted!

Mia together in a large bowl:
4.5 cups golden Grahams
6.5 cups rice chex
2 cups shredded coconut (unsweetened is best, but sweetened will work, too)
1 cup sliced almonds

In saucepan combine:
1 stick butter
3/4 cup Karo syrup
3/4 cup sugar

Cook and bring to a boil.  Continue to simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from hear and add in 1 tsp vanilla.  Pour over cereal mix and stir to combine.  Spread on cookie sheets (waxed paper makes easy cleanup) to cool and harden up a bit.

This is a tad less sweet and gooey than other recipes out there.  You can always add more cereal to make it even less sweet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks