Totally selfish post: Campfire Crisp

Admission:  In the past I have posted recipes on this blog just to keep them in a place where I won't be able to lose them, because I lose a lot of things.  (My mind, included.)

At a recent Girl Scout campout, we made this cobbler and I just kept thinking in my head that s'mores and pie irons had better move over-- this is my new favorite campfire dessert!

And to make the recipe available to myself wherever I am, I'm posting it here.  As a bonus, You guys can have it, too.

Campfire Crisp -- this makes about 4-6 crisps

Heavy duty foil in 12x12 or so pieces
Pie filling of choice
Cooking spray
Topping

Topping ingredients:
1 cup quick cook oats
1/3 cup flour
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup brown sugar

Combine topping ingredients in a bowl and cut in butter to form the crumble.  Set aside.

Spray foil with cooking spray, because no one likes to chisel their food.  Spoon desired amount of pie filling in the center of each foil piece.  Top with crumb topping, seal foil, and cook it on the fire until heated through and crumb topping crisps up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks