My quest for October and pumpkin muffns

October is, hands down without a doubt in the great green world, my favorite month of the year. There are colors in every direction, even though some of them are gray sky gray and mud brown. The weather is outstanding and it seems that in a one month span you can taste all four seasons-- the first crispness of fall, the wetness of spring, a hard frost or a snowflake or two, and of course Indian Summer.
It is splendid and a gift worth being thankful for.
But instead, my stupid self booked the month of October so full that I've barely gotten a chance to capture one day of it all.
I should have been taking walks outside and collecting colorful leaves, but instead I was stuck inside doing something I didn't want to do and looking longingly outside and wishing I was wearing a turtleneck sweater and a vest because those are, for me, the essence of October wear.
So next year you can count me out and write me off for my favorite month, unless what you're asking for has to do with listening to the crunch of the leaves under my feet or watching the steam rise up off my mug of hot apple cider. I'll even bring along the muffins.

So easy you won't believe 'em...
Pumpkin Muffins
I like these as mini muffins. Bake this in whatever size or shape you want, just adjust your baking time accordingly. I am lucky enough to have the cutest acorn baking pan that fits these just perfectly.
Give the dough a chance. If you don't mind slightly lumpy cupcakes, leave it as is. If you are determined for super smooth ones, add a bit of water to loosen up the batter.

1 package yellow cake mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves

Mix it all together-- no need to add anything else. For regular sized muffins, bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. For smaller muffins, just cut the baking time and check regularly with the toothpick test.

Says one muffin tester, "I'm sorry. I think I just ate about 12 of those things."
Yes, they're that good!

Comments

BECKY said…
You and I have such similar "tastes" in life!! I also love the month of October, and ...what else??....yummy food!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks