My brilliant idea

I guess you could say we're having a little trouble letting go of the holidays.
Mostly it's the one, small artificial tree that I am too lazy to carry down the basement.
So on this very cold snow day, I gave the kids a task and they literally jumped up and ran to do it.
They are taking down all of the Christmas decorations and then going to make new ornaments to decorate for Valentine's Day. Voila-- a Valentine's tree.
This is working well on many levels:
1. I don't have to carry the tree down the basement.
2. The kids were happy to un-decorate it.
3. This will keep them busy for an extended period of time.
4. Our stairwell will maintain that soft luminscent glow of tree lights.
5. I will somehow gain some status as a "cool mom" who does more than complain about the holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks