WIth apologies to my friends who sell Tastefully Simple

First of all, let me say that I accomplished something that would have, I believe, in some circles of religions, put me into sainthood. It was a miracle of dramatic proportions, and even I can hardly believe it.
I made a turkey meatloaf that my family loved.
This was a miracle because a) my kids ate meatloaf and liked it and b) my husband didn't blurt out "where's the beef?" as if he were an old lady jonesing for a square hamburger patty.
I personally ate so much of it that I skipped breakfast this morning because I was still full from the amount that I crammed in at dinner.
But besides the amazing turkey meatloaf, I also whipped up a loaf of beer bread to welcome the husband home from a business trip. And as much as I love the simple and tasty packages that I tend to buy at home parties, this recipe is so easy. So easy. And cheap. Your friends will be amazed.
I should say that my mom made this all the time when I was a kid, and being the dough-lover that I am, I would sneak fingerfuls of this while she mixed it in the bowl. I was always a little bit afraid I was going to get drunk.
I never did.

Beer Bread

3 cups self rising flour
3-4 Tablespoons sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
1 egg
1 can or bottle of beer
1/2 stick melted butter

Mix together everything but the butter in a big bowl. Don't overmix. Pour the lumpy batter into a greased bread pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Pour the melted butter over the loaf and bake for another 15 minutes.

Yep, it's that easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks