Egg heads!

At a toy store this weekend, I saw those little hair-growing toys that are basically grass seed sprouting out of a $10 wad of dirt. As usual I thought to myself, "I can do that. I can do that and not spend $20 to grow a square inch of grass for each kid."

And so... EGG HEADS.
Easy activity.

You'll need to chop off the skinny end of the egg. I used a pair of scissors and poked in at the top and then snipped around to create the hole. Once the insides were dumped out and I washed and dried the eggs, the kids carefully drew on their faces. (Toby's is a "masked super hero" if you're wondering...)
Once that is done, it's a matter of filling it with some potting soil and sprinkling in some grass seed. We water carefully and have them sitting in a sunny place.


After they've grown their full head of grass hair, you can actually style their 'do. Add a ribbon or two, give a buzz cut. I think at least one of ours will end up with a mohawk this year.


Have fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedtime

Darn the first entry -- THE BOOTS.

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too