A photographic record of my perfect day

It's not too often that the calendar comes together in a sort of perfect way. There's always something getting in the way, and as a mom I am usually the one staying back.
But not today. Today was a completely selfish day, which is something completely selfish and wonderful. I know these things are about as few and far between as Haley's comet or waking up to a houseful of children cleaned, dressed and fed, so I took the liberty to record the day in photographs...
Up early and out the door, driving in the husband's jeep and leaving my mom-mobile, with all of its trash, carseats, diapers, and kid music behind. Off for my adventure at the NRA's program called Women on Target, a day of shooting instruction that introduces women to guns. Sleepy eyes were quickly remedied by...
...my ritual stop at McDonald's for a McGriddle. If you've never had one, you are missing out. It's like someone too every single tasty flavor at the teeny tiny top of the food pyramid and stuck it all into one sandwich. Sugar, fat, carbs, and a little more sugar and fat. Wash it down with the world's best drive-thru coffee and the day was off to a great start. Driving, singing, coffee, blowing off steam and blowing off...
...a few rounds of ammo. Here I am on the skeet range. Shooting skeet and trap is so empowering, and doing it in a non-farm field back of a pick up sort of way is really something special. Sure, it gets a little tiring if you aren't used to shooting, but then again it's not too bad if...
...vacuuming while holding a baby or shopping while holding a baby gives you biceps like this. Oh my. Even though some won't believe it, I do not lift weights. Only children, groceries, and clothes baskets. If that gun holding the gun doesn't worry you, take a look at...
...IDPA. Defensive pistol shooting. Here I am, pretending to be sleeping in bed when three bad guys walk in. The loaded pistol is on the night stand, and in a matter of barely a second or two, each bad guy has two shots in his head. You can find out more about this fabulous shooting sport at the Ashland Lake Gun Club site, or look for a Women on Target event (or otherwise) that might offer this course. I highly recommend it, not only for the instruction, but also for...
...the big cheesy smile and cute hat you have at the end of the day.
(And then to complete the perfect day, I spent the evening listening to a local band that somehow played just about all of my favorite songs. I highly recommend Honeytown for anyone in the area!)











Comments

Unknown said…
You are a rock star.

Geez.

:-)
Loren said…
Look at you, Karrie! Oh My Gosh you are so cool. Tomb Raider lady watchout!
I think I need to shoot some guns.
Johnnyreb™ said…
Awesome!!! Congratulations on your 'Trigger Time is Happy Time' day!

I'm kinda jealous since i've never made it over to the Ashland Gun Club ... yet. Hmm, maybe this year if the IDPA State Championship is held there.
What were you singing to?
Oh, and isn't it strange how blogging now makes us take pictures of every little thing, like a McGriddle? I think the coolest thing is that they gave you a visor.
Karrie said…
Tell me about it, Sam. It's getting to the point where I feel I need a photo for every post, like I'm regressing from the chapter books back to the picture variety.
But as for the guns, come to my birthday weekend. We're gonna have a .22 shootout. :)
BECKY said…
Karrie, I loved the photos that went with your fantastic day!! How cool! We all need those "selfish days"!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe le Pew and Cupid, too

Bedtime

Old mom, new tricks